Rigid-flex PCBs are designed for applications where rigid PCBs are not suitable. These circuit boards are a combination of rigid and flexible boards, and combine the structure and advantages of both. Mostly rigid flex PCBA board comprises substrate created with flexible board and outer parts is created with the use of rigid or internal as well.
Advantages of FS Technology Rigid-Flex PCB
There are different Rigid Flex PCB manufacturers are working but one of the best service supplier is FS Tech. FS Tech has been serving in the circuit board manufacturing and assembly industry for more than ten years, and has won high praise from thousands of domestic and foreign companies. Choosing us as your PCBA service provider will bring you a variety of services for your electronic project, these services include rigid-flex PCBA design, redesign of circuit board structure, low-volume PCB prototyping, turnkey assembly services, etc. Through enhancing the high level of expertise and dedication in our work FS Tech have been recognized all over the world in the field of microelectronics. Custom rigid-flex PCB from FS Technology will bring more advantages to your electronic products:
- Endless Possibilities: The robustness and folding space allow a high degree of freedom in the design of your electronics projects.
- Lightweight Electronics: A wide selection of flexible materials sets you apart from the miniaturization trend.
- Long life: Breaking through the life limit of electronic products, even if it is subjected to 200,000+ bending wear, it will not reduce the product experience.
- Fewer restrictions: FS Technology uses higher-end materials to make PCBAs able to withstand extreme environments such as humidity, high temperature, and corrosion.
Rigid-flex PCB manufacturing level
|Flex layer number||2-4||4-6||6-8|
|Copper thickness on flex layer(OZ)||0.5||1||2|
|PTH Via on Flex Layer||YES||YES||YES|
|Min Width of Flex Area(mm)||≥10||≥5||≥2|
|Panel Size (mm)||254×400||254×500||457 ×609|
|Min space between via to R-F combined area||≥3.0mm||≥2.0mm||≥1.0mm|
|Min space between DIP to R-F combined area||≥3.0mm||≥2.5mm||≥2.0mm|
|Normal Structure Rigid-Flex PCB||YES||YES||YES|
Multiple advanced material options allow us to have greater compatibility.
- Conventional FR4 PCB material
- Halogen Free Fr4
- Lead Free Compatible FR-4
- Ceramic Filling High Frequency Material
- PTFE High Frequency Material
- Special PP
- High-speed digital materials
- Rigid PI Material
- Metal Base Board
- RF and mmWave-compatible material
- DuPont, Panasonic, Shengyi, ThinFlex, and others
Surface Treatment Services
In order to protect the exposed copper surface of the rigid-flex board, it needs to be surface treated to avoid adverse effects such as: low-quality metal-to-metal joints, additional manufacturing costs, failures during application, etc.
- Hot Air Solder Leveling (HASL)
- Immersion Tin (Immersion Tin) (ImSn)
- Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (ENIG)
- Organic Solderability Preservatives (OSP)
- Immersion Silver (ImAg)
- Electroless Nickel / Electroless Palladium Immersion Gold (ENEPIG)
- Hard Gold (Electrolytic Hard Gold)
Rigid Flex PCBA Fabrication Applications
After the manufacturing and Сборка печатной платы process is completed, these rigid-flex PCBs can be used in different fields. Among the many applications, small devices rely the most on them and enhance the usefulness of these boards. With the current technical capabilities of FS Technology, the circuit boards we produce and assemble have received many praises in the following industries:
The quality of the interface of the wearable electronic device may be seriously affected due to multiple folding during use. Even if this phenomenon occurs in smart electronic products such as mobile phones and watches, it is difficult for us to accept it, let alone electronic medical supplies that require high reliability.
All of these medical devices are inseparable from the use of multilayer rigid-flex PCBs. Through unique advantages, these PCBAs improve the reliability and operability of medical devices, while miniaturization enables implantable devices. The wearable medical devices inform the medical staff to get the details of their patients. Through this process, doctors can monitor the patient’s heartbeat in real time. These medical Rigid and flexible boards contain the following properties:
There are many extreme problems in industrial manufacturing, and rigid-flex PCBs are the experts in this area. The circuits and devices used for power transmissions are created through use of heavy equipment, so their movement from one place is another is not easy and increases damage changes of them since it is heavyweight. Since these modules require both heavy lifting capacity and flexible and precise control, ordering a turnkey rigid-flex PCB assembly service is the only option.
More serious is the use of high temperature equipment in the industry, such as electric furnaces, melting furnaces, heaters, etc. Although these equipments are almost essential, they are a nightmare for PCB manufacturers. Faced with this extreme environment, your options become very limited, such as rigid ПЕЧАТНАЯ ПЛАТА IMS, or rigid-flex board, which can better solve the problem of heat dissipation and high temperature.
Use in Online Business
Online business is a branch of 5G communications. With the rapid development of high-frequency 5G PCBA and the repeated outbreaks of the new crown epidemic, the demand for online business has grown exponentially. Online businesses in this environment need to incorporate a variety of technologies, such as tracking reporting and scanning for shipping. To perform these functions, there is a small size device called PDA is used to complete the process. It also helps to use in difficult conditions where other not easy to use, all these happen due to rigid flexible PCB use.
At this point, FS Technology’s manufacturing capabilities in rigid-flex PCBA boards have been fully reflected. Although we mainly focus on wholesale, it also provides rigid flex PCB prototype services. If you think we can make a circuit board that meets your expectations, you can contact us immediately for a quote, we will provide you with different kinds of Производство печатных плат services, as well as a complete assembly process.
Rigid-Flex PCB Buying Guide
Clear goals and choosing a suitable rigid-flex PCBA manufacturer play a decisive role in the development of electronic projects. Although FS Technology hopes to get as many customers as possible and get higher profits from this expensive circuit board, it goes against our value concept of mutual benefit and win-win. FS Technology believes that in addition to matching each other’s capabilities and needs, the selection of appropriate circuit boards will help us establish a long-term cooperative relationship.
Whether rigid-flex board design service is required
There are two categories of customers for electronic assembly projects. One category is customers who have clear requirements and have drawn PCB circuit diagrams, they usually send documents directly and inform the required quantity to get a quick rigid-flex PCBA quotation. Another type of customer just has a concept or idea and seeks the help of a сборка печатных плат под ключ company.
Design is the first step in the entire rigid-flex PCB turnkey assembly service, and customers need to judge whether they need to design or modify the service. For electronics companies with design engineers, it is obviously not a wise choice to choose a turnkey assembly company for design services. In past cases, FS Technology is more of a helper to help customers complete rigid-flexible projects. Of course, our designer team can also help customers complete design projects independently.
Here we provide a simple rigid-flex PCB design guide for your reference.
The addition quantity of materiel is added called as a loop. That increases the operating life and the assembly of circuitry make it easy. Use thinner copper materials to get a flexible nature.
There is etching done on the board to avoid the isotropic losses after routing of conductors done to enhance stackup and beddings capabilities of the rigid flex pcb board.
- Base Of Board
The base areas of the board is selected then size and weight is decreased. For that purpose reduce the small size holes to about twenty-five mU.
There is the filtering of pads done to make the circuit flexible it can be done by increasing the areas of pads. Button plating is used for making effective solder joints.
- Adhesive coated
The adhesive baked coated is used to overcoated the board used to make the board dynamic natures.
Is it necessary to purchase a rigid-flex PCB?
The rigid-flex PCB board is a hybrid board made through a mixture of flexible and rigid PCB boards. For the creation of these boards, there is the use of one or more than one rigid boards combined to flexible boards. These boards are considered the replacement for жесткая печатная плата. These boards have features of flexible and rigid boards in one unit. Many rigid-flexible PCBs come in a structure that has a multilayer of flexible substrates combined with a rigid substrate. Flexible parts of boards designed in curvature structure according to requirements of projects. Although this kind of rigid-flexible circuit board has many advantages, its price has discouraged many electronic manufacturers. Is it necessary to choose rigid-flexible PCBA among many different типы ПХД?
Reasons to Get a Rigid-Flex PCBA Quote
- More Cost-Effective: Although rigid-flex boards are more expensive than rigid or flexible PCBs, they are used in projects to reduce the overall cost of the project because they are a hybrid form of rigid-flex with the characteristics of both types of board.
- Wider Application Areas: Using a rigid-flex PCB can reduce the use of flex cables and connectors, resulting in a reduction in weight. Therefore, it has the high strength characteristics of rigid PCB and the lightweight characteristics of flexible PCB, which can make it used in different applications.
- More Flexibility: The combination of rigid and flex structures makes the strong design. The flexible part of boards helps to make design modifications according to the required area and rigid parts give strength to the design. The rigid PCBs are dynamic in nature so can be designed in different types of structures and angles also design can be repeated for other projects.
- More Convenient Operation: The rigid-flex boards are created by mixing flexible substances to rigid through the substrate of flexible placed in the internal side of rigid boards. The electrical operation of this board is better than other boards. The mechanical and electric connectors are linked at the inner of the board that helping users make reliable boards.
Comparison of rigid-flex circuit with other boards
Flexible PCB VS Rigid Flexible PCBs:
Flexible PCB has vibration bearing capacity this feature helps to use for vehicles where high vibration is involved. Employed for hard disks. These boards are considered as the solution for wirings used in boards and enhance the repetition in the boards.
You can get the features of rigid PCB and гибкая печатная плата in flex-rigid board. These boards combine the advantages of two different types of PCBs. Their structure helps designers to make three-dimensional design configurations easily. The construction time for these board applications in any project is reduced and makes required products in good design. These boards help to make three dimension designs in fewer prices and solid repetition.
In the following applications, rigid-flex PCBs are superior to flex boards.
- High Reliable Devices: Since rigid flex PCB can bear the high value of shocks existing on the device were used so it preferred for high reliable applications
- High-Density components: It is used for high-density applications since has features to get fold into small sizes and offers the fewer space applications
- Replacement of Rigid Boards: For applications where you need more than five rigid boards can use a rigid-flex board that will be a good and cost-effective solution
That is all about the Rigid-Flex PCB all details have been covered about the rigid-flex PCB. It is better than other boards and comes with features of rigid board and flex board in one place. It is mostly used in industries machines and mobile phones and used in three-dimensional structures and designs. In computers and mobile phones mothers’ boards are created through the use of this board all components of circuits are assembled on the board in an accurate and simple way to make fine circuits. Due to the advantage of one structure having two materials make it effective and less expensive than other broad that is technically expensive. From FS technology you can get the Rigid Flex printed circuit boards with numbers of layer 2-10L and dimensions of (36/10) 610 mm×1650 mm at reasonable prices. The value of board thickness can be 0.1 mm–10.00 mm. FS Technologies is the right choice to create higher quality and functional boards for you, they will be better than others. In addition to the basic advantages, the flexible materials used in FS Technology Rigid-Flex PCBA are highly resistant to harmful chemicals as well as UV rays and oils.