TQFP: Thinner Quad Flat Package for Die Shrinkage Program
TQFP, or Thin Quad Flat Pack, is a surface mount package specifically designed to address various challenges faced by IC packaging engineers, component specifiers, and system designers. It offers solutions for increasing board density, miniaturization plans, achieving thin and compact product designs, and ensuring portability. The TQFP package is well-suited for a wide range of IC semiconductor technologies, including ASICs, gate arrays (FPGA/PLD), microcontrollers, and PMIC controllers.
Featuring gull-wing leads on all four sides of the main body, the TQFP package offers advantages over other packages like MQFP and LQFP, particularly in terms of its thinner profile. This package is highly suitable for electronic systems in various applications, such as computing, video/audio processing, telecommunications, data acquisition, communication boards (Ethernet, ISDN, etc.), set-top boxes, and automotive electronics. It enables the realization of diverse performance characteristics required in these industries.
TQFP Package Notes
- Package Structure: The TQFP features a square package with pins arranged in a planar configuration at the bottom. The pin count can vary, ranging from 32 to over 100.
- Pin Layout: The pins are uniformly spaced, typically at a pitch of 0.5 mm or 0.8 mm. A 0.5 mm pitch is commonly used for packages with a large number of pins, while a 0.8 mm pitch is suitable for packages with a smaller pin count.
- Package Thickness: The thickness of the TQFP package depends on the specific size and Empresa de PCBA specifications, typically ranging from 1.4 mm to 1.6 mm.
- Soldering Pads: The thin quad flat package’s pins are connected to the PCB using soldering pads. These pads can be either leaded or lead-free, with lead-free options being more environmentally friendly and in compliance with the RoHS directive.
- Heat Dissipation: The high pin density in packages can lead to heat accumulation and difficulties in heat dissipation. To address this, FS Technology recommends incorporating heat dissipation pads or radiators in the design to improve thermal management.
- Installation Method: Are typically assembled using Montagem SMT. During the installation process, hot air or a reflow oven is utilized to heat and melt the solder paste, firmly securing the TQFP IC onto the PCB board.
Properties of Some Thin QFN Examples
|Part Number||Pin Count||Package Size||Package Thickness||Lead Pitch|
|TQFP-32||32||7mm x 7mm||1mm||0.8mm|
|TQFP-44||44||10mm x 10mm||1mm||0.8mm|
|TQFP-64||64||10mm x 10mm||1mm||0.5mm|
|TQFP-128||128||14mm x 14mm||1mm||0.4mm|
IC Packaging Blog
TQFP: Thinner Quad Flat Package for Die Shrinkage Program TQFP, or Thin Quad Flat Pack, is a surface mount package specifically designed to address various
Plastic Quad Flat Pack-PQFP PQFP, or Plastic Quad Flat Package, is a cost-effective form of IC packaging with leads starting from the four corners of
MQFP Package: High-Density IC Packaging for Harsh Environments In PCBA manufacturing, the MQFP package is widely used by companies that require high-density IC packaging. The
Low Profile Quad Flat Package – LQFP The Low Profile Quad Flat Package, or LQFP for short, is an enhanced version of the standard QFP
Ceramic Quad Flat Pack-CQFP CQFP, which stands for Ceramic Quad Flat Pack, utilizes expensive ceramic material, as the name suggests. In the electronics manufacturing industry,
What is Fine-Pitch Quad Flat Package(FQFP)？ FQFP stands for Fine-Pitch Quad Flat Package, which is an integrated circuit (IC) package used for SMT assembly in